Eating or not eating in reaction to stress creates health and weight problems and doesn’t solve the emotional, behavioral and relationship problems underlying your eating patterns. It’s actually not as complicated as it sounds to start changing how you eat and to get off the “on a diet-off the diet” pattern.
- Do you eat out of boredom? Or tension?
- When you are not hungry?
- Do you frequently go on diets to lose weight, then regain the weight?
- Feel self-conscious about your body?
- Find yourself constantly thinking about food and weight?
- Skip meals and under eat because you are afraid you will gain weight?
- Do you sometimes eat compulsively (especially junk foods), then later berate yourself?